An introduction to winter backcountry touring, designed by women, for women, aiming to inspire and encourage those who want to challenge themselves to reach their full potential and meet like-minded individuals.
SCOTT MISSION WOW presents a unique weekend adventure opportunity for female skiers and snowboarders. With three successful years under the belt, this fourth year the camp has chosen to slide out of the Chamonix Valley and through the tunnel to Italy. The camp will be coached, led and inspired by some of Europe’s top female mountain guides.
The goal of the event is to provide an affordable fun, non-threatening environment that encourages women to step into the backcountry, developing skills and experiences to share with like-minded individuals.
The journey will take the women to Rifgio Bonatti, on the Italian side of Mont Blanc, near Courmayeur in the Valle d'Aosta. The draw card to Italy? Coffee, Hot chocolate and Italian food and a view of the other side of Mont Blanc that we've not seen before.
If you’re asking yourself ‘Is this for me?’ and you have good general fitness, can make effective turns off-piste and are up for an adventure, then YES it is!
SCOTT MISSION WOW is set to shake up the Aosta Valley with their affordable, refreshing and engaging winter event concept. Details and online registration are available at www.missionwow.org
SAT 23 March - SUN 24 March 2013
- Registration for SCOTT MISSION WOW
- Goodie bag
- SCOTT touring skis (dynafit bindings) and Colltex skins to demo for weekend
- Back-country safety gear- transceiver, shovel & probe to borrow if you don’t have
- Saturday dinner & dorm bed in Refuge Bonatti
- Mountain guides coached sessions on transceiver searches, touring techniques and
moving safely in the backcountry
- Sunday- breakfast and then ski tour with guide, continuing skills practice.
- Closing drink at hotel
- One ticket for raffle draw for pair of SCOTT skis, more tickets available for purchase
at €10 each, all profits go to local community project
Online registration at www.missionwow.org
Please note that places are limited and fill up quickly.