SCOTT Retro Ride - Val Di Sole (Italy)
SCOTT is celebrating its 60th anniversary throughout the 2018 season. To celebrate this event, one of our most iconic athletes – Olympic and World Champion Nino Schurter - was given a Spark RC 900 World Cup Retro Special Edition to race at the World Cup in Val di Sole, Italy. Its funky green and orange design dates back to the 90ies and is a tribute to the very first Mountain bike which SCOTT created, the so-called “Pro Racing” from 1990. Alongside with the Retro bike, Nino was given an entire head-to-toe Retro kit to match his look.
Video: Etienne van Rensburg
Scott Pro Racing
Scott’s Pro Racing model dates back 1990. Back then it was the top of the range MTB, intended for both Downhill (!) and XC racing.
Original Catalog description:
Pro Racing technology: Tange Prestige tubes. Vantage Comp Rims with 32 spokes and Ritchey Megabite Hard drive tyres. Shimano XT group with round chainrings, Hyperglide, Superglide and 21 Speed. Hand made at the welding seams. Plain racing-green, no but.
- Frame: Tange Prestige Cro Moly Tapered triple Butted Tubing
- Fork: Cr-Mo Tange
- Bottom Bracket: SHIMANO Deore XT BB-M730
- Front Chainwheel: SHIMANO Deore XT FC-M730-SG (175mm, silver), Black -SG
- Front Derailleur: SHIMANO Deore XT FD-M730
- Rear Derailleur: SHIMANO Deore XT RD-M735-SG
- Shifting Levers: ST-M091 3x7 STI
- Cassette: SHIMANO Deore XT CS-M730
- Chain: SHIMANO CN-HG70
- Brakes: SHIMANO Deore XT BR-M732 Cantilever (silver)
- Brake Levers: SHIMANO Deore XT ST-M091
- Rims: Araya CV-7
- Hubs: SHIMANO Deore XT HB-M730, FH-M732
- Pedals: SHIMANO Deore XT PD-M735
- Saddle: FIZIK Titanium ultra-light
- Handlebar : TTT MTB Compe aloy, very light
- Stem: Ritchey Force
SCOTT Spark RC 900 World Cup Retro Special Edition
Nino Schurter’s race bike is the Spark RC 900 World Cup, one of the lightest, stiffest and fastest bikes available. Celebrating the 60th anniversary of SCOTT, Nino was given a Spark RC 900 World Cup Retro Special Edition. Its funky green and orange design dates back to the very first Mountain bike, the so-called “Pro Racing” from 1990.
Nino’s Spark RC is a 100% race-dedicated full-suspension weapon, bred to win. Its light and stiff race proven frame design has always appealed to a broad spectrum of riders, from elite Cross-Country to amateur marathon racers. Yet despite the Spark’s visual simplicity, the bike is loaded with technical features and details.
The frame: The benchmark weight of 1779g (incl. shock and hardware) of the team's Spark RC 900 was not only achieved by utilizing the lightest and most exclusive HMX carbon fibers but also thanks to our sophisticated carbon lay-up process. The frame is made of 752 single carbon layers, all put together by hand. The heart of the frame is the Trunnion mount: the shock body extends between the two lower mounting bolts which results in more stroke for the same eye to eye length. The shorter shock enables a very compact frame and shock package, which integrates tightly to the seat tube.
Specs 2018 Model XC/Worldcup
- Frame: Scott Spark RC 900 Carbon HMX SL Custom
- Fork: Rock Shox SID World Cup Carbon / RL3 Charger Black Box Damper / Boost / 100mm
- Rear Shock: Rock Shox Deluxe Black Box / 100mm
- Remote: SCOTT TwinLoc
- Headset: Syncros FL1.5 / TIB bearing
- Stem: Syncros XR1.5 / -25° (Nino), 90mm
- Handlebar: Syncros FL1.0 SL Carbon T-Bar /-5mm rise / 9° / 680mm
- Seatpost: Syncros FL1.0 SL Carbon / 10mm seatback
- Saddle: Syncros XR1.0 SL Carbon (narrow)
- Grip: Syncros Silicon
- Pedals: Ritchey WCS v6
- Rear Derailleur: Sram XX1 Eagle Gold
- Shifter: Sram XX1 Eagle Gold
- Crank Set: Sram XX1 Carbon Eagle 175mm Q-168mm 38T
- Chain: Sram XX1 Eagle Gold
- Cassette: Sram XX1 Eagle Gold / 10-52T
- Brakes: SRAM Level Ultimate
- Wheels: DT Swiss XRC 1200 Spline 25 Carbon 29”
- Tubulars: Maxxis Aspen 29"x2.25 170TPI EXO TR 50ml sealant
- Bottle Cage: Topeak shuttle cage carbon
- Computer: Garmin Edge 130
In 1958, we changed the ski pole. This would be the catalyst for decades of innovation, technology and design to follow. For 60 years we have taken a NO SHORTCUTS approach to product development, racing, climbing, descending and everything in between. For 60 years, we have put nothing but passion behind every stride, pedal stroke and carve. After 60 years, we have come to realize one thing – we can’t wait for 60 more. #SCOTT1958
Despite that old-fashioned look, innovation and technology in these porducts is real. Get equipped with the latest gears we made.